Recognizing Technology’s Necessity
In a world where few people go far without a smartphone in their hands, technology is as necessary as electricity for your company’s ability to function smoothly. Of course, when the power goes out in your office, managers are rarely expected to offer hands-on solutions. Instead, the call goes out to either an electrician or the power company.
What happens when something goes wrong with the office tech? Expecting the manager to step in personally is rarely feasible. Instead, calling on the knowledgeable professionals who deliver IT support is generally an efficient use of company resources. IT support is the term used for companies or individuals who provide technical assistance with hardware or software, explains BeyondTrust. It takes many forms and can be provided either by in-house professionals or by a separate company as managed IT services.
Exploring the Advantages of IT Support for Managers
If asked why managers need IT support, consider this: Managers who are scrambling to find tech solutions or are doing battle with faulty tech will have less time to accomplish the tasks on their to-do lists. However, it’s not only their own performances and productivity that will suffer. Technology is such a crucial part of society and commerce that inadequate tech support can put an entire business at a serious disadvantage. IT is essential for several everyday business functions:
- Communicating. Whether it’s emailing clients, zooming with suppliers, or using online forms to solicit feedback or inquiries, modern tech helps to keep companies in touch with the world around them. Staying in contact with customers, suppliers, competitors, employees, and more is key, so keeping the tech working smoothly is necessary.
- Streamlining operations. Technology offers countless opportunities to automate processes and streamline operations and tasks. As you free up manhours and resources for other projects, your employees can concentrate on new projects or on drumming up new business.
- Applying cloud-based solutions. When data is in the cloud, your company’s team can access it from anywhere, so they aren’t confined to the office. They can make the sale from their home, the road, the client’s office, or a restaurant across the country. Cloud storage also offers a backup. If disaster strikes your physical location and damages the servers or other hardware there, your vital data won’t be lost.
- Providing security. What type of information can be found in your company’s online files? Your customers, your employees, and the companies that you interact with all expect you to protect their information, but cybercriminals are ruthless. Maintaining cyber security requires constant effort because their attempts to break through your defenses won’t stop.
- Analyzing data. When presented with massive amounts of data, humans might be overwhelmed. Computer programs don’t flinch. The right software can quickly transform information overloads into useful reports that detail records, highlight trends, or present forecasts. That kind of information is invaluable for managers and other employees who want to plan for the company’s future.
Hopefully, pondering the ubiquity of tech in today’s business world helps make it clear why managers need IT support. Having a trustworthy source of IT support is essential for managers who want to thrive in the workplace. Knowing where to turn to maintain the tech that they rely on and who to trust when they need help with troubleshooting allows them to turn their attention to their own tasks and helps them concentrate on guiding their teams.
CPI Technologies is ready to be your source of IT support. We know that downtime can be devastating, so we prioritize getting your company knowledgeable assistance and workable solutions fast. With a team of Level 3 and Level 4 engineers, 85 percent of our help desk support tickets are resolved within 15 minutes. With our managed IT support services, you’ll enjoy proactive support from an expert team with a diverse skill set as we tailor a plan to match your company’s needs. We’re also ready to provide 24/7/365 remote network and systems monitoring, managed network services that help your network function productively, and automated patch and update development. To learn more about what CPI Technologies can offer, contact us today.